Signage is an incredibly effective way of communicating your brand and what it has to offer. When designed properly it can help you to increase your exposure to the market, connect with your target audience and tell them about your product or service. Conversely, poor signage can do the opposite, putting potential customers off and directing possible business elsewhere.
The importance of good signage has recently been reported by FedEx Office who carried out a survey in conjunction with Ketchum Global Research and Analytics to understand more about the effect of signage on clients. The research investigated the impact that signage had on people visiting businesses as well as whether they made a purchase or not. Some of the key findings from FedEx Office were:
- About one third of respondents reported buying a product or service due to seeing a sign
- Almost three quarters of people surveyed said they had let others know about a business based on seeing its signage alone
- More than two thirds of participants believed that the signage a business displays reflects the standard of the product or service that it offers
- Three quarters of customers recalled going into a shop or business that they had not been to before as a result of the signs it had
The research also supported the idea that poor signage can have a negative effect on consumer behaviour:
- More than half of the people who took part said that errors such as misspelled words or poor quality signs put them off a business
- Over half of those questions stated that a lack of signage outside a company discouraged them from going into the business
Visual Impact provides a range of indoor and outdoor signage to businesses throughout the UK. With almost 20 years of experience in the sector, we understand the importance of high quality, high impact signage. To find out more about how we can help your company build its brand identity please get in touch with our team today on 01924 271619 or contact us here.